Pages

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Immortals Wargaming Club Miniature Painting Competition

Immortals Miniature Wargaming Club
On Monday night I was a judge at the Immortals Painting Competition. Vanessa and I managed to get through judging a few dozen miniatures from three categories in just under three hours. No mean feat! The standard of painting was incredible. I snapped some photos on my phone but you can see better ones (soon) on the Immortals Facebook page.

Phillip Porter takes professional photos of each entry. 










Vanessa watches as the totals are tallied. 

Champion Claire with her winning miniature. 

Awards on the sponsors table. 

Thanks to Daniel for inviting me. It was an amazing night with so many inspirational works of art. My photos do them no justice.

Although Warhammer 40k was a popular choice, there where also miniatures from other wargames, from Lord of the Rings to Malifaux. However, Claire's excellent Space Marine took out the small category and was also the overall winner. Her attention to fine detail was beyond compare.

God bless you and have a great week.





2 comments:

  1. You guys did a marvellous job with the judging. Thoughtful, considered, and constructive feedback for each entry was a bit of a treat.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Timothy. I had a great time. It really was a pleasure.

      Delete